PUBLIC NOTICE OF THE CITY OF MOODY REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING 10/13/2020 @ 6 PM FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH ACTIVITY BUILDING ON CHURCH ST & HWY 107
Due to covid 19 precautions and restrictions this meeting will be held in open forum. Social Distancing will be required from all in attendance. All persons must wear face mask, have their temperature checked and pass a simple health screening.
Notice is hereby given that the City council of Moody, Texas will meet in regular session October 13, 2020 @ 6pm at the First United Methodist Church Activity Building located at the intersection of Church Street and FM 107 at which time the following agenda items will be considered and upon which action may be taken. The City Council reserves the right to enter into closed session in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code regarding any item on the agenda.
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT.
- PLEDGES OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE UNITED STATES AND TEXAS FLAGS, BLESSING UPON THE GATHERING.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
- Approval of the minutes from 9/8/2020 Regular meeting.
- Employment Status of the City Administrator.
- Presentation from the Moody Community Library by Mrs. Anne Grimmett. Mrs. Grimmett will be asking permission from the City Council to have the Trunk or Treat on Ave E on Saturday 10/31/2020 from 6:00 pm-7:30 pm.
- Mrs. Theresa Barker with a Better Day would like to present proposals for the Better Day activities. She would like to get input and direction from the City Council as to needs in our community.
- Mrs. Vela is asking the City Council of Moody changing zoning on 142 Ave B Block lot B 234567. She would like to set a new doublewide trailer on lot.
- Clarification for Public Utilities Director and Moody City Staff on loose dogs or animals being reported to City Hall and the process of getting the animals to Waco Human Society.
- Report by Chief of Police on Monthly Department Activity.
- Report by Utility Director on Monthly Department Activity including Water Meter Replacement Project, Watermain replacement project, current status of Sewer Plant Operations. Discuss water line on Teague Drive.
PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411 GOVERNMENT CODE (HANDGUN LICENSING LAW) MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN. PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.07, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH AN OPNELY CARRIED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER THE SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411 GOVERNMENT CODE (HANDGUN LICENSING LAW) MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A HANDGUN THAT IS CARRIED OPENLY.’
END VIRTUE DE LA SECTION 30,06 CODING PENAL (INTRUSION DE MATRICULATE TITLAR CON ULNA PISTOL OCCULT) EL TITULAR DE LA LICENSEE END EL SUBSCAPULAR H, CAPITOL 411, CODING D ETOBIANO LEY DE LICENSEES PISTOL , NO PUREED ENTRAP END ESTE ESTABLISHMENT CON ULNA PISTOL OCCULT.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the Moody City Council was posted in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act by posting a notice on the public notice board located at the Moody City Hall & Moody Methodist Church Activity Building at 5PM on FRIDAY October 9, 2020.
Signature of Official
JANA KENNEDY/ CITY COUNCIL SECRETARY/COURT CLERK