PUBLIC NOTICE – CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Notice is Hereby given of a REGULAR MEETING of the CITY COUNCIL of MOODY, TEXAS to be held September 10, 2019 at 6:00p.m. for the purpose of considering the below listed agenda items. All agenda items are subject to action. The Public is invited to be in attendance and participate in accordance with the Standing Rules of the Council. Public Comments are welcome and are an agenda item. Persons desiring to make a public comment are required to sign up prior to the meeting and to identify the agenda item or concern they wish to speak to. Individuals will be given two minutes in which to make their comments. This requirement is to help ensure orderly and timely progress of the Council Session. Rude or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. All persons need to be advised that only the members of the Council Bar may readily address the Mayor to speak. However, the Mayor may ask for comments from the audience on agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA for SEPTEMBER 10, 2019
1. CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT.
2. PLEDGES: OF ALLEGIANCE, TO THE TEXAS FLAG, BLESSING UPON THE GATHERING
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS.
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
5. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Review and approval of Minutes from August 5, and August 15 Called Sessions of the City Council.
6. ITEMS FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND DISCUSSION – WORK SESSION AND STAFF REPORTS:
7. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution adopting a General Fund(Government Operations) Budget for the Fiscal Year 2020.
8. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution adopting an AD-Valorem Tax Rate for the City of Moody. Proposed Property Tax Rate of .684484, which is effectively an 8.0 percent increase in the tax rate.
9. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution adopting a Utility Fund(Proprietary Operations) Budget for the Fiscal Year 2020.
10. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution affirming the Mayor’s appointments to the Moody Housing Authority Board.
11. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Ordinance Authorizing Publication of Notice of Intention to Issue Certificates of Obligation to finance the Emergency Waterline Relocation/Replacement Project and approval of “Certificate For Ordinance” for this same Notice of Intention.
12. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution authorizing the City Administrator to Contract for FY2019 annual audits with Alton Thiele P.C.
13. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, AND DISCUSSION: Presentation regarding a Water Meter Replacement Program for the City.
14. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
a. Litigation Update
b. Annexations Discussion
c. Water Meter Replacement Program
d. Water Line Relocation/Replacement Project
15. RECONVENE IN OPEN SESSION: A report regarding the Executive Session may be publicly given and any decisions regarding said Executive Session must be made in Open Regular Session.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.”
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), ), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.”
En virtud de la Sección 30,06 , código Penal (intrusión de matrícula titular con una pistola oculta), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en este establecimiento con una pistola oculta”.
En virtud de la Sección 30,07 , Código Penal (intrusión de titular de la licencia con una connotada lleva pistola), ), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en esta propiedad con una pistola que abiertamente.”
Persons wishing to bring business before the City Council may request in writing to be placed on the agenda. Requests must be made at least 7 working days prior to the regularly scheduled monthly City Council meeting held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:00PM. Presentations will be limited to five minutes unless approved by the City Council or prior arrangements are made. Oral or written questions, comments, or complaints may be made via the City Administrator’s Office during regular working hours Monday through Friday.
Open comments are taken at each regular scheduled monthly City Council meeting. There are two separate agenda items for Public Comments. One for Public Comments in regard to Agenda Items and another Agenda item for Non-Agenda items or citizen concerns. ‘No’ deliberation or action shall be taken regarding these comments. These comments are personal expression of opinions or concerns by citizens of Moody to their City Council. Public Comments will be limited to 2 minutes without a required rebuttal or any re-direct. Council members may ask questions or direct comments towards the speaker. Public Comments are not intended to be times of debate or argument. Comments, issues, concerns, or complaints directed toward any individual city personnel by name(s) should not be made in the ‘Public Comments’ section of the meeting and there is established City Policy regarding complaints against the City or a staff member.
In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act, the City of Moody will provide for reasonable accommodations for persons attending City Council Meetings. To better serve you, requests should be received by the City 24 hours prior to the meetings. Please contact City Hall for assistance: 254-853-2134.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the attached agenda of the City of Moody Council is a true and correct copy and that I did post a true and correct copy of said notice on the official bulletin board affixed to the outside of the Municipal Building, a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times, and said notice was posted on September 6, 2019 @ 5:45PM. and will remain posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
____________SIGNED COPY ON FILE____________________ Date:______________________
William A. Sterling – City Administrator