Please note the following notice and Agenda for this next week's session.
PUBLIC NOTICE: CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Notice is Hereby given of A PUBLIC HEARING @ 6PM & CALLED MEETING of the CITY COUNCIL of MOODY, TEXAS to be held TUESDAY AUGUST 25TH, 2020 TO FOLLOW PUBLIC HEARING for the purpose of considering the below listed agenda items. All agenda items may be subject to action. DUE TO COVID-19 PRECUATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD IN OPEN FORUM AT THE FIRST METHODIST CHURCH ACTIVITY BUILDING LOCATED AT CHURCH St. AND HWY 107. SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL BE REQUIRED FROM ALL IN ATTENDANCE. ALL PERSONS MUST WEAR FACEMASKS, HAVE THEIR TEMPERATURE CHECKS AND PASS A SIMPLE HEALTH SCREENING(see questions below) BEFORE BEING ALLOWED INTO THIS SESSION. THESE RESTRICTIONS ARE FOR THE HEALTH OF THE PUBLIC AND ALL WHO MAY ATTEND. The Public is invited to be in attendance and participate in accordance with the Standing Rules of the Council. Public Comments are welcome and are an agenda item. Persons desiring to make a public comment are required to sign up prior to the meeting and to identify the agenda item or concern they wish to speak to. Individuals will be given two minutes in which to make their comments. This requirement is to help ensure orderly and timely progress of the Council Session. Rude or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. All persons need to be advised that only the members of the Council Bar may readily address the Mayor to speak. However, the Mayor may ask for comments from the audience or an individual(s) on agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: PUBLIC SAFETY AND HEALTH IS PARAMOUNT TO THE CITY OF MOODY. PERSONS WISHING TO ATTEND THIS CITY COUNCIL SESSION SHOULD REVIEW THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND ‘NOT’ ATTEND IF THEY ANSWER ‘YES’ TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING.
Do you have any of the following signs or symptoms as new, worsening, or within the last seven days:
_______ shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
_______ repeated shaking with chills
_______ muscle pain
_______ sore throat
_______ lost of taste or smell
_______ feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
_______ contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19 WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS.
_______ have you tested positive for the COVID-19 VIRUS within in last 14 days.
If you have answered yes to any of the above you should not be in attendance to this public gathering and should seek medical advice or treatment.
PUBLIC HEARING @ 6 PM /CALLED CITY COUNCIL AGENDA for AUGUST 25, 2020 TO FOLLOW PUBLIC HEARING
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT.
- PLEDGES: OF ALLEGIANCE, BLESSING UPON THE GATHERING
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION and POSSIBLE ACTION; ADOPTING PROPOSED TAX RATE OF .645817.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION and POSSIBLE ACTION; ADOPTING PROPOSED GENERAL FUND BUDGET.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, and POSSIBLE ACTION; ADOPTING PROPOSED UTULITY FUND BUDGET.
CALLED CITY COUNCIL MEETING:
1.ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION and POSSIBLE ACTION; RESOLUTION ADOPTING THE PROPOSED TAX RATE OF .645817.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, and POSSIBLE ACITON; RESOLUTION ADOPTING PROPOSED GENERAL FUND BUDGET.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION and POSSIBLE ACTION; RESOLUTION ADOPTING PROPOSED UTILITY FUND BUDGET.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POOSIBLE ACTION: RESOLUTION RE-APPOINTING SHARON JOHNSON TO THE MOODY HOUSING AUTHORITY BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
12. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, and DISCUSSION; EXECUTIVE SESSION: under Chapter 551 of the Local Government Code the City Council reserves the right to meet in closed executive session for: personnel matters
Discussion with City Attorney Denny Lessman
- Real Property
- Economic Development Corporation
13. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION; REPORT FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION and POTENTIAL DECISIONS: a report to be given and any decisions are made in public session.
Discussion/Consideration of Utilities/Water Meter policies.
14. Discuss and take action regarding the state of emergency for the water line located at FM107 and BNSF Railroad and consideration of resolution ratifying or affirming plans for said water line.
COURT CLERK - Moody, Texas