Minutes of the City Council
January 23, 2020
The City council of Moody, Texas met in regular session January 23, 2020. This meeting was duly announced in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code. The following agenda items were addressed.
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT. Mayor Charleen Dowell called the Regular Session of the Moody City Council to order, determined that a quorum was available with John Carpenter (Mayor pro- tem), Karla Alton, Josh Richter, and Richard Moore. Jennifer Houghton was absent due to the birth of her son Tucker. The City Council was called to order and in session at 6:00 PM.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & PRAYER: Mayor Dowell led the group assembled in the pledge to the U.S. Flag and to the Texas Flag. Pastor Mcclure with The Well offered a prayer for the group and proceedings.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS. Pastor McClure signed up but wanted to wait so that hopefully Mr. Sterling would be present at a later date.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS. NO ONE SIGNED UP.
- ITEN FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Issues surrounding construction, building code compliance, and building permits, for The Well Church. John Carpenter motioned to table for now and Josh Richter seconded the motion. All for none opposed. Motion to table passed.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Executive Session : under chapter 551 of the local government code the city council reserves the right to meet in closed session to: A. discussion with legal council, B. personnel matters. CITY COUNCIL MOVED INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION AT 6:05 PM.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POSSIBLE ACTION: MOVED BACK INTO OPEN SESSION 7:35 PM Report from executive session and potential decisions discussed and acted upon publicly. Attorney Client Priviledge, Josh Richter motioned to approve BNSF contract and city attorney to assist Mayor Dowell. John Carpenter seconded the motion. All for none opposed.
- ADJOURNMENT: Moody City council adjourned at 7:37pm. All for none opposed.
MINUTES RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED BY: JANA KENNEDY