CITY OF MOODY
P.O. Box 68 Moody, Texas 76557 254-853-2314
PUBLIC NOTICE – CALLED CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Notice is Hereby given of a CALLED MEETING of the CITY COUNCIL of MOODY, TEXAS to be held OCTOBER 30, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. for the purpose of considering the below listed agenda items. All agenda items are subject to action. The Public is invited to be in attendance and participate in accordance with the Standing Rules of the Council. Public Comments are welcome and are an agenda item. Persons desiring to make a public comment are required to sign up prior to the meeting and to identify the agenda item or concern they wish to speak to. Individuals will be given two minutes in which to make their comments. This requirement is to help ensure orderly and timely progress of the Council Session. Rude or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. All persons need to be advised that only the members of the Council Bar may readily address the Mayor to speak. However, the Mayor may ask for comments from the audience or an individual(s) on agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA for October 30, 2019
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT.
- PLEDGES: OF ALLEGIANCE, TO THE TEXAS FLAG, BLESSING UPON THE GATHERING
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, AND DISCUSSION; = EXECUTIVE SESSION OF THE CITY COUNCIL.[ (1) purchase or lease of real property; (2) security measures; (3) receipt of gifts; (4) consultation with attorney; (5) personnel matters; (6) economic development; and (7) certain homeland security matters.]
- consultation with attorney on litigation
- annexation discussion
- economic development
- RECONVENE IN OPEN SESSION: A report regarding the Executive Session may be publicly given.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, AND DISCUSSION; Mayor’s appointments to the Moody Housing Authority Board of Commissioners.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution regarding County Court at Law #2 Court Order regarding Action #20180808CV2.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution setting date for Public Hearing on Issuance of Certificates of Obligation.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution approving of contract with Core and Main for replacement of water meters in the City water system.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution approving of finance agreement for utility software programs, and water meter replacement.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Ordinance approving and declaring annexation of Properties as presented in previous Council Sessions, Hearings and this Public Session.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.”
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), ), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.”
En virtud de la Sección 30,06 , código Penal (intrusión de matrícula titular con una pistola oculta), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en este establecimiento con una pistola oculta”.
En virtud de la Sección 30,07 , Código Penal (intrusión de titular de la licencia con una connotada lleva pistola), ), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en esta propiedad con una pistola que abiertamente.”
Persons wishing to bring business before the City Council may request in writing to be placed on the agenda. Requests must be made at least 7 working days prior to the regularly scheduled monthly City Council meeting held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:00PM. Agenda items must be approved by the Mayor or by at least two members of the City Council for placement on the agenda. Presentations will be limited to five minutes unless approved by the City Council or prior arrangements are made. Oral or written questions, comments, or complaints may be made via the City Administrator’s Office during regular working hours Monday through Friday.
Open comments are taken at each regular scheduled monthly City Council meeting. There are two separate agenda items for Public Comments. One for Public Comments regarding Agenda Items and another Agenda item for Non-Agenda items or citizen concerns. ‘No’ deliberation or action shall be taken regarding these comments. These comments are personal expression of opinions or concerns by citizens of Moody to their City Council. Public Comments will be limited to 2 minutes without a required rebuttal or any re-direct. Council members may ask questions or direct comments towards the speaker. Public Comments are not intended to be times of debate or argument. Comments, issues, concerns, or complaints directed toward any individual city personnel by name(s) should not be made in the ‘Public Comments’ section of the meeting and there is established City Policy regarding complaints against the City or a staff member.
In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act, the City of Moody will provide for reasonable accommodations for persons attending City Council Meetings. To better serve you, requests should be received by the City 24 hours prior to the meetings. Please contact City Hall for assistance: 254-853-2134.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the attached agenda of the City of Moody Council is a true and correct copy and that I did post a true and correct copy of said notice on the official bulletin board affixed to the outside of the Municipal Building, a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times, and said notice was posted on ____________________________@_____________ and will remain posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
ORIGINAL SIGNED AND POSTED Date: 10/25/2019 @ 6PM
William A. Sterling – City Administrator
PUBLIC NOTICE – CALLED SESSION of the CITY COUNCIL
OCTOBER 30, 2019 AT 6:00PM
MOODY CITY HALL