CITY OF MOODY
P.O. Box 68 Moody, Texas 76557 254-853-2314
PUBL IC NOTICE – CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Notice is Hereby given of a series of meetings consisting of a REGULAR MEETING of the CITY COUNCIL of MOODY, TEXAS to be held June 11, 2019 at 6:00p.m. for the purpose of considering the below listed agenda items. All agenda items are subject to action. The Public is invited to be in attendance and participate in accordance with the Standing Rules of the Council. Public Comments are welcome in the informal part of the session as well as are often possible during the business session. All persons need to be advised that only the members of the Council Bar may readily address the Mayor to speak. However, the Mayor may ask for comments from the audience on agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA – June 11, 2019
1. CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT.
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & PRAYER.
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
4. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Review and approval of Minutes from May 14, 2019 Regular Session of the City Council.
5. ITEMS FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND DISCUSSION- WORK SESSION (Information gathering, Discussions, Reports, Updates, Suggestions regarding future sessions); [no action will be taken by the Council on items presented in this part of the session.]:
a. Report of Public Works Director – Keith Fisher
b. Report of Police Chief – Roger Kennedy
c. Report of City Administrator – William A. Sterling
1. Current Financial Condition
2. Administrator’s Report
d. Other Staff Reports
e. Council Remarks or Inquiries
6. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution authorizing the closing of the City “Non-Designated” Savings Account at FNB Moody and dividing the funds between the General Fund and the Utility Fund.
7. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution to amend the General Fund Line Item 60160 Police Equipment and Repairs and to also amend the Utility Fund Line Item 600060 Equipment and Repairs – Other.
8. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution approving the temporary extension of Contractual Agreements with the Moody Volunteer Fire Department and Moody First Responders until October 1, 2019.
9. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution authorizing the City Administrator to finance the emergency waterline replacement project from Talley Street extending under the BNSF Railway and Highway 317 to 13th and Ave E.
10. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBE ACTION: Resolution naming the City’s Representatives to the Moody Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors.
11. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, AND DISCUSSION; Presentation by Citizens in area of potential annexation over concerns with service to annexed area.
12. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution approving and declaring annexation of Properties in Phase One of Potential Annexations as presented in previous Council Sessions, Hearings and this Public Session.
13. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Approval of a “Specific Use Permit” for the First Baptist Church to construct a “Youth and Children’s Education Center.”
14. EXECUTIVE SESSION: The City Council will move from open public session to closed executive session to meet with Senior Staff and the City Attorney.
a. Litigation Update
b. Potential legal services agreement
c. Council Membership
d. Potential Financial Obligations
15. RECONVENE IN OPEN SESSION: A report regarding the Executive Session may be publicly given and any decisions regarding said Executive Session must be made in Open Regular Session.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.”
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), ), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.”
En virtud de la Sección 30,06 , código Penal (intrusión de matrícula titular con una pistola oculta), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en este establecimiento con una pistola oculta”.
En virtud de la Sección 30,07 , Código Penal (intrusión de titular de la licencia con una connotada lleva pistola), ), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en esta propiedad con una pistola que abiertamente.”
Persons wishing to bring business before the City Council may request in writing to be placed on the agenda. Requests must be made at least 15 days prior to the regularly scheduled monthly City Council meeting held on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00PM. Presentations will be limited to five minutes unless approved by the City Council or prior arrangements are made. Oral or written questions, comments, or complaints may be made via the City Administrator’s Office during regular working hours Monday through Friday.
Open comments are taken at each regular scheduled monthly City Council meeting, however, ‘no’ deliberation or action shall be taken regarding these comments. Agenda items will not be spoken to or addressed during ‘Open Comments.’ ‘Open comments’ are intended to be a time of informal conversation between the citizens of Moody and their City Council. During open comments only one person may speak on any topic and will be limited to 2 minutes without a required rebuttal or any re-direct. Council members may ask questions or direct comments towards the speaker. Comments, issues, concerns, or complaints directed toward any individual city personnel by name(s) cannot be made in the ‘open comments’ section of the meeting and if desired such must be an approved agenda item requiring special consideration.
In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act, the City of Moody will provide for reasonable accommodations for persons attending City Council Meetings. To better serve you, requests should be received by the City 24 hours prior to the meetings. Please contact City Hall for assistance: 254-853-2134.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the attached agenda of the City of Moody Council is a true and correct copy and that I did post a true and correct copy of said notice on the official bulletin board affixed to the outside of the Municipal Building, a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times, and said notice was posted on May 28, 2019 @ 4:00PM. (amended to include Agenda Items #10 and #13, amended agenda posted 6-7, 2019 @ 08:15AM) and will remain posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
William A. Sterling – City Administrator(signed copy on file)