CITY OF MOODY
PO BOX 68 MOODY TX 76557 254-853-2314
PUBLIC NOTICE: CITY COUNCIL MEETING NOVEMBER 10, 2020
Notice is Hereby given of A REGULAR MEETING of the CITY COUNCIL of MOODY, TEXAS to be held: at The First United Methodist Church Activity Building Center with social distancing and mask requirements: COVID 19 REQUIREMENTS will be followed
Tuesday November 10, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. for the purpose of considering the bélow listed agenda items. All agenda items are subject to action. The Public is invited to be in attendance and participate in accordance with the Standing Rules of the Council. Public Comments are welcome. Persons desiring to make a public comment are required to sign up prior to the meeting and to identify the agenda item or concern they wish to speak to. Individuals will be given two minutes in which to make their comments. This requirement is to help ensure orderly and timely progress of the Council Session. Rude or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. All persons need to be advised that only the members of the Council Bar may readily address the Mayor to speak. However, the Mayor may ask for comments from the audience or an individual(s) on agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed/executive session on any agenda item should the need arise pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA for NOVEMBER 10, 2020
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM PRESENT.
- PLEDGES: OF ALLEGIANCE, TO THE TEXAS FLAG, BLESSING UPON THE GATHERiNG
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
- Review and approve City Council Minutes from Regular Meeting on October 13, 2020, Called Meeting on October 20, 2020, and Called Meeting/Worskshop on October 26, 2020.
- Armando Fernandez would like to purchase the vacant lot at 405 N 2nd Street that the City of Moody owns.
- Rusty Simmons would like to purchase 300 acres on Wall Ridge Road and Stockton—Subdivide all existing road frontage. All lots will be 10 acres or larger-No road construction.(?)
- The City Staff is requesting a review of paid Holidays for Christmas Eve 2020 and New Year’s Eve 2020. Your review of these also being included as holidays off would be greatly appreciated. OR CLOSE OFFICE AT NOON?
- Department Head Monthly Reports—Utility Department Head & Chief of Police. Also General fund and Utility fund Reports included from quickbooks.
- APPOINTMENT A BLUEBONNET WSC REPRESENTATIVE AND ALTERNATE
- APPOINTMENT OF A SECRETARY TO THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COPORATION BOARD
- REVIEW POLICY ON ACCRUED EMPLOYEE VACATION AND SICK TIME/ROLLOVER/OR PAY
- COUNCIL WILL MEET IN EXECUTIVE SESSION TO DISCUSS THE CITY ADMINISTRATOR/CITY SECRETARY POSITION: WILL RECONVENE INTO OPEN SESSION FOR ANY DECISIONS THAT MIGHT NEED TO BE MADE.
- SWEAR IN MAYOR DOWELL, MAYOR PRO TEM JOHN CARPENTER, AND RICHARD MOORE TO REAPPOINTMENT OF THEIR CITY OF MOODY COUNCIL POSITIONS. (OATH OF OFFICE)
- REVIEW POLICY ON LOCKING BATHROOMS A THE CITY BASEBALL FIELDS.
- DISCUSS HIRING ACCOUNTING FIRM TO DO THE ANNUEL CITY AUDIT
SIGNATURE OF OFFICIAL: JANA KENNEDY
PRINTED NAME AND TITLE: JANA KENNEDY/COURT CLERK/COUNCIL SECRETARY
Pursuant to Section 30.06, penal code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.”
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), ), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.”
En virtud de la Secci6n 30,06 , c6digo Penal (intrusiån de matrfculå titular con una pistola oculta), el titulpr de la licencia en el subcapftulo H, capf!ulo 411, c6digo de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en este establecimiento con una pistola oculta”.
En virtud de la Secci6h 30,07 , Cédigo Penal (intrusi6n de titula\ db la licencia con una connotada Ileva piSto!a), ), el titular de la licencia en el subcåp#ulo H, capitulo 411, c6digo de gobiernö Iqy de licencias (pisto
la), no puede entrar en esta propiedad con una pistola que abiertaménte.”