CITY OF MOODY
P.O. Box 68 Moody, Texas 76557 254-853-2314
CANCELLED AND RESCHEDULED
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
The Regular Meeting of the Moody City Council for
November 21, 2019 has been Cancelled and rescheduled.
Notice is Hereby given of A MEETING of the CITY COUNCIL of MOODY, TEXAS to be held Thursday November 21, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. for the purpose of considering the below listed agenda items. All agenda items are subject to action. The Public is invited to be in attendance and participate in accordance with the Standing Rules of the Council. Public Comments are welcome and are an agenda item. Persons desiring to make a public comment are required to sign up prior to the meeting and to identify the agenda item or concern they wish to speak to. Individuals will be given two minutes in which to make their comments. This requirement is to help ensure orderly and timely progress of the Council Session. Rude or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. All persons need to be advised that only the members of the Council Bar may readily address the Mayor to speak. However, the Mayor may ask for comments from the audience or an individual(s) on agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA for November 21, 2019
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT.
- PLEDGES: OF ALLEGIANCE, TO THE TEXAS FLAG, BLESSING UPON THE GATHERING
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, AND DISCUSSION; Review and approval of the Minutes of the City Council Sessions of October 8th and October 30th, 2019.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, AND DISCUSSION; Resolution in regard to the Council Canvassing of the November 5, 2019 General Election Results.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Seating and Swearing in of Newly Elected Council Members.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Selection of a Mayor Pro-Tem by the Council.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution approving changes and naming persons to have signature authority on City Banking Accounts.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution appointing the Municipal Court Judge and Municipal Court Clerks and Bailiffs.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, and DISCUSSION = Work Session; Presentations by Police, Utility, and Administration Departments, City Attorney and Municipal Court, and Orientation for Council Members.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.”
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), ), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.”
En virtud de la Sección 30,06 , código Penal (intrusión de matrícula titular con una pistola oculta), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en este establecimiento con una pistola oculta”.
de la Sección 30,07 , Código Penal (intrusión de titular de la licencia con una
connotada lleva pistola), ), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo
411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en esta
propiedad con una pistola que abiertamente.”