OF THE CITY COUNCIL
To discuss and potentially act upon posted Agenda Items
September 23, 2019 – 5:00PM
Notice is Hereby given of a meeting consisting of a CALLED SESSION OF THE MOODY CITY COUNCIL to be held September 23, 2019. This REGULAR SESSION OF THE CITY COUNCIL will be to discuss and potentially act upon the below listed agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
CALLED SESSION AGENDA – September 23, 2019 @ 5:00PM
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. DETERMINE A QUORUM IS PRESENT, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, PLEDGE TO THE TEXAS FLAG; PRAYER OVER THE PROCEEDINGS
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING AGENDA ITEMS:
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS REGARDING NON-AGENDA ITEMS;
5. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND DISCUSSION: EXECUTIVE SESSION:
a. Litigation on behalf of the City
b. Annexations Discussion
c. Waterline Relocation/Replacement Project
6. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Public Report from Executive Session and potential action on Executive Items.
7. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution approving contractual agreement between the City of Moody and the BNSF Railway regarding boring beneath the railway and installation of 16” casing and an 8” watermain.
8. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution Directing City Staff regarding Publishing The intent and scheduling Public Hearings on the Issuing of Certificates of Obligation.
9. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution Directing City Staff regarding Annexation Procedures to include Publishing of Notices and scheduling of Public Hearings.
10. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Presentation regarding a Water Meter Replacement Program for the City.
11. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution approving of Guidelines for Acceptable Tax Rebate Agreements for Economic Development.
12. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution approving the disbursement of Reserve and General Operating Accounts Funds for the purchase of a Police Vehicle from the City of Crawford.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.”
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun),), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter
411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.”
NO WEAPONS ALLOWED!!!
End virtue de la Section 30,06, coding Penal (intrusion de matriculate titular con ulna pistol occult), el titular de la licensee end el subscapular H, capitol 411, coding de tobiano ley de licensees (pistol), no pureed entrap end Este establishment con ulna pistol occult”.
End virtue de la Section 30,07, Coding Penal (intrusion de titular de la licensee con ulna connoted leva pistol), el titular de la licensee end el subscapular H, capitol 411, coding de tobiano ley de licensees (pistol), no pureed entrap end seta provided con ulna pistol que abetment.”
Persons wishing to bring business before the City Council may request in writing to be placed on the agenda. Requests must be made at least 10 days prior to the regularly scheduled monthly City Council meeting held on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00PM. Presentations will be limited to fifteen minutes unless approved by the City Council or prior arrangements are made. Oral or written questions, comments, or complaints may be made via the City Administrator’s/Manager’s office during regular working hours Monday through Friday.
Open comments are taken at each regular scheduled monthly City Council meeting, however, ‘no’ deliberation or action shall be taken regarding these comments. Agenda items may be spoken to or addressed during ‘Open Comments .’ ‘Open comments’ are intended to be a time of informality between the citizens of Moody and their City Council. During open comments will be limited to 2 minutes without a required rebuttal or any re-direct. Council members may not ask questions or direct comments towards the speaker as this establishes a discussion and deliberation of the topic and said topic may not have been posted publicly as required by law is therefore illegal and in violation of Title 5 Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code.
In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act, the City of Moody will provide for reasonable accommodations for persons attending City Council Meetings. To better serve you, requests should be received by the City 24 hours prior to the meetings. Please contact City Hall for assistance: 254-853-2134.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the attached agenda of the City of Moody Council is a true and correct copy and that I did post a true and correct copy of said notice on the official bulletin board affixed to the outside of the Municipal Building, a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times, and said notice was posted on September 20, 2019 @ ___3:55_P.M. and will remain posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Agenda subject to change up to 72 hours prior to the Regular Session.
_________________signed copy on file_______________________ Date: _______9-20-2019__________ Posted on internet @ 1628 hrs.
William A. Sterling – City Administrator
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
CALLED SESSION OF THE CITY COUNCIL
September 23, 2019 – 5:00PM