CITY COUNCIL REGULAR SESSION
AGENDA – February 12, 2019 @ 6:00PM
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. DETERMINE A QUORUM IS PRESENT, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, PLEDGE TO THE TEXAS FLAG; PRAYER OVER THE PROCEEDINGS
3. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION: PUBLIC COMMENTS
4. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Review and approval of Minutes from JANUARY 8, 2019 Regular Session of the City Council.
5. ITEMS FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND DISCUSSION- WORK SESSION (Information gathering, Discussions, Reports, Updates, Suggestions regarding future sessions); [no action will be taken by the Council on items presented in this part of the session.]:
a. Report of Public Works Director – Keith Fisher
b. Report of Police Chief – Roger Kennedy
c. Report of City Administrator – William A. Sterling
1. Current Financial Condition
2. Administrator’s Report
d. Other Staff Reports (TBD) – City Attorney D. Lessman
e. Council Remarks or Inquiries
6. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND POTENTIAL ACTION: Request from ”Gentle Transitions Hospice” to conduct a Public Health Fair along the West side of Ave E from in front of their office northward toward the Scott & White Clinic on Wednesday May 9, 2019 10:00AM till 2:00PM.
7. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution Directing City Staff to modify previously approved action toward specific annexation goals for the City of Moody.
8. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND DISCUSSION: Annual Report from the Moody Community Library Board.
9. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution authorizing the sale of the City of Moody’s 1998 Ambulance at the request of Moody First Responders.
10. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution to amend and increase the FY2019 General Fund Budget line item 60021 Moody Volunteer Ambulance.
11. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, AND DISCUSSION; Waste Water Treatment Plant: Permit Renewal, potential C-Sep agreement concerns, and addition of 22 foot clarifier. Discussion with City Staff and possibly City Engineer Gary Graham.
12. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, AND DISCUSSION; = COUNCIL MOVE INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION: pursuant to Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code the City Council may meet in executive session to discuss personnel matters, legal consultation with Attorneys and contract issues.
a) Code Enforcement Litigation Update
b) Tax Collections
c) Property Foreclosures
d) COUNCIL RETURNS TO OPEN SESSION:
13. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION: Resolution to amend Litigation Efforts by the City Attorney.
14. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISUSSION AND POTENTIAL ACTION: Resolution regarding delinquent City Ad-Valorem Tax Collections by a third party to include Property Tax Foreclosures and property sales as well as entering into a contractual agreement with said third party.
15. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POTENTIAL ACTION; Set dates for Round Table discussion and planning work sessions with City Staff February 21st, March 21st, and April 18, 2019(third Thursdays).