Public Notice of Regular Meeting of the Moody City Council – February 23, 2021
The City council of Moody, Texas will meet in a Regular session Febraury 23, 2021. This meeting was duly announced in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code. This meeting will be held at 6: 00 pm @ First United Methodist Church of Moody, Texas. Hwy 107 Due to COVID 19 precautions and restrictions this meeting will be held in open forum. Social distancing will be required from all in attendance. All persons must wear face mask, have their temparature checked and pass a simple health screening. The following agenda items will be discussed.
NOTICE IS HEARBY GIVEN THAT THE CITY COUNCIL OF MOODY, TEXAS WILL MEET IN A REGULAR SESSION AT THE ABOVE REFERENCED DATE, TIME, AND PLACE AND THE FOLLOWING AGENDA ITEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED AND UPON WHICH ACTION MAY BE TAKEN. THE CITY COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ENTER CLOSED SESSION IN ACCORDANCE WITH CHAPTER 551 OF THE TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE REGARDING ANY ITEM ON THE AGENDA.
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & PRAYER.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS:
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS:
- Review and approve City Council minutes from Regular meeting 1/12/2021.
- Discuss and possible action on cut off procedures for customers who are not paying their utility bills.
- Discuss and possible action on reworking the City’s procedure for putting the property located at 405 2nd street up for bids. Need to open bids by placing it in the newspaper twice.
- Renew annual contract between The City of Moody and Moody Community Library.
- Discuss and possible action on Resolution Designating Authorized Signatures for Contractual and Grant Fund Documents pertaining to the TxCDBG Contract #7220310.
- Discuss and take any necessary action to adopt Civil Rights Policies and Procedures for the TxCDBG Contract #7220310.
- Discuss and review condemnation of property belonging to Robert Vila, Ave B, West side at Whitson.
- Staff Reports/ Utility Director, Police Chief, and Administrator.
- Discuss personnel matters, policies, job descriptions, and salaries. Consult with City Attorney including a update on pending litigation.
- Discuss open meetings and open records policies and laws.
PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06 PENAL CODE (TRESSPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411 GOVERNMENT CODE (HANDGUN LICENSING LAW) MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN. PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.07 PENAL CODE, (TRESPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH AN OPENLY CARRIED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER THE SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411 GOVERNMENT CODE (HANDGUN LICENSING BY LAW) MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A HANDGUN THAT IS CARRIED OPENLY.
END VIRTUE DE LA SECTION 30.06 CODING PENAL (INTRUSION DE MATRICULATE TITLAR CON ULNA PISTOL OCCULT) EL TITULAR DE LA LICENSEE END EL SUBSCAPULAR H. CAPITOL 411, CODING D ETOBIANO LEY DE LICENSEES PISTOL, NO PUREED ENTRAP END ESTE ESTABLISHMENT CON ULNA PISTOL OCCULT.
I, THE UNDERSIGNED AUTHORITY, DO HEARBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE MOODY CITY COUNCIL WAS POSTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TEXAS OPEN MEETINGS ACT BY POSTING A NOTICE ON THE PUBLIC NOTICE BOARD LOCATED AT THE MOODY CITY HALL AT 5PM. ON FEBRUARY 19, 2021.
SIGNATURE OF OFFICIAL:
PRINTED NAME AND TITLE: