CITY OF MOODY
P.O. Box 68 Moody, Texas 76557 254-853-2314
PUBLIC NOTICE: CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Notice is Hereby given of A REGULAR MEETING of the CITY COUNCIL of MOODY, TEXAS to be held Tuesday December 10, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. for the purpose of considering the below listed agenda items. All agenda items are subject to action. The Public is invited to be in attendance and participate in accordance with the Standing Rules of the Council. Public Comments are welcome and are an agenda item. Persons desiring to make a public comment are required to sign up prior to the meeting and to identify the agenda item or concern they wish to speak to. Individuals will be given two minutes in which to make their comments. This requirement is to help ensure orderly and timely progress of the Council Session. Rude or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. All persons need to be advised that only the members of the Council Bar may readily address the Mayor to speak. However, the Mayor may ask for comments from the audience or an individual(s) on agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA for December 10, 2019
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT.
- PLEDGES: OF ALLEGIANCE, TO THE TEXAS FLAG, BLESSING UPON THE GATHERING
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, AND DISCUSSION; Review and approval of the Minutes of the City Council Sessions of November 21, 2019.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION and POSSIBLE ACTION; Appointment of Two Persons to represent the City of Moody on the Moody Economic Development Board of Directors
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Appointment of Primary and Alternate Representatives for the City of Moody to the Bluebonnet Water Supply Board of Directors.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Discussion on financing of current projects and a Resolution approving the Financing Agreement with FNB Moody for the Meter Replacement Program.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution setting requirements and approval to replat property lines for properties listed as MCAD#153340, #153341, & #153339 located on the southeast corner of Stampede Road and Avenue G.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Executive Session: under Chapter 551 of the Local Government Code the City Council reserves the right to meet in closed executive session to:
a. consult with City Attorney(551.071).
b. discuss a purchase, exchange, lease, value of real property, or negotiated contracts (551.0726). c. discussion regarding commercial information received from a business prospect and/or the nature of any incentives for economic development(551.087).
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Report from Executive Session and potential decisions discussed and acted upon publicly.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, and DISCUSSION = Work Session; Presentations by Police, Utility, and Administration Departments, City Attorney and Municipal Court, and Orientation for Council Members.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.”
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), ), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.”
En virtud de la Sección 30,06 , código Penal (intrusión de matrícula titular con una pistola oculta), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en este establecimiento con una pistola oculta”.
de la Sección 30,07 , Código Penal (intrusión de titular de la licencia con una
connotada lleva pistola), ), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H,
capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en
esta propiedad con una pistola que abiertamente.”