PUBLIC NOTICE: CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Notice is Hereby given of A CALLED MEETING of the CITY COUNCIL of MOODY, TEXAS to be held THURSDAY JULY 2nd, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. for the purpose of considering the below listed agenda items. All agenda items may be subject to action.
DUE TO COVID-19 PRECUATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD IN OPEN FORUM AT THE FIRST METHODIST CHURCH ACTIVITY BUILDING LOCATED AT CHURCH St. AND HWY 107. SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL BE REQUIRED FROM ALL IN ATTENDANCE. ALL PERSONS MUST WEAR FACEMASKS, HAVE THEIR TEMPERATURE CHECKS AND PASS A SIMPLE HEALTH SCREENING(see questions below) BEFORE BEING ALLOWED INTO THIS SESSION. THESE RESTRICTIONS ARE FOR THE HEALTH OF THE PUBLIC AND ALL WHO MAY ATTEND.
The Public is invited to be in attendance and participate in accordance with the Standing Rules of the Council. Public Comments are welcome and are an agenda item. Persons desiring to make a public comment are required to sign up prior to the meeting and to identify the agenda item or concern they wish to speak to. Individuals will be given two minutes in which to make their comments. This requirement is to help ensure orderly and timely progress of the Council Session. Rude or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. All persons need to be advised that only the members of the Council Bar may readily address the Mayor to speak. However, the Mayor may ask for comments from the audience or an individual(s) on agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: PUBLIC SAFEY AND HEALTH IS PARAMOUNT TO THE CITY OF MOODY. PERSONS WISHING TO ATTEND THIS CITY COUNCIL SESSION SHOULD REVIEW THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND ‘NOT’ ATTEND IF THEY ANSWER ‘YES’ TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING.
Do you have any of the following signs or symptoms as new, worsening, or within the last seven days:
_______ shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
_______ repeated shaking with chills
_______ muscle pain
_______ sore throat
_______ lost of taste or smell
_______ feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
_______ contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19 WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS.
_______ have you tested positive for the COVID-19 VIRUS within in last 14 days.
If you have answered yes to any of the above you should not be in attendance to this public gathering and should seek medical advice or treatment.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA for JULY 2, 2020
1. CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT.
2. PLEDGES: OF ALLEGIANCE, BLESSING UPON THE GATHERING
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS.
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
5. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION and POSSIBLE ACTION; RESOLUTION APPROVING OF PROPERTY REPLATT Cotton Ridge Sub-Division
6. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION and POSSIBLE ACTION; RESOLUTION REGARDING ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FOR LIMITED AMENDING OF WATER METER TAPPING FEES WITH DEVELOPERS
7. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, and POSSIBLE ACTION; ELECTRICAL SERVICE PROPOSALS
8. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION and POSSIBLE ACTION; RESOLUTION ON DISPOSAL OF RIGHT-OF-WAY PROPERTY BY THE CITY
9. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, and POSSIBLE ACITON; RESOLUTION ON LIMITED REOPENING OF MATTIE NEELY PARK.
10. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION and POSSIBLE ACTION; RESOLUTION ON REMOTE COUNCIL SESSIONS.
11. ITEMS FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND DISCUSSION- WORK SESSION (Information gathering, Discussions within the Council Bar, Reports, Updates, Suggestions regarding future sessions); [no action will be taken by the Council on items presented in this part of the session.]:
a. Report of Public Works Director – Keith Fisher
b. Report of Police Chief – Roger Kennedy
c. Report of City Administrator – William A. Sterling
1. Current Financial Condition & Draft Fiscal Year 2021 Budgets
2. Alcohol Sales
3. Administrator’s Report
d. Other Staff Reports – City Attorney D. Lessman
1. update on current Litigation
2. Court Procedures Pending Approval
3. update on Substandard Building Litigation
e. Council Remarks or Inquiries
12. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, and DISCUSSION; EXECUTIVE SESSION: under Chapter 551 of the Local Government Code the City Council reserves the right to meet in closed executive session for: personnel matters
13. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION; REPORT FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION and POTENTIAL DECISIONS: a report to be given and any decisions are made in public session.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.”
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), ), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.”
En virtud de la Sección 30,06 , código Penal (intrusión de matrícula titular con una pistola oculta), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en este establecimiento con una pistola oculta”.
En virtud de la Sección 30,07 , Código Penal (intrusión de titular de la licencia con una connotada lleva pistola), ), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en esta propiedad con una pistola que abiertamente.”
FACE MASKS AND HEALTH SCREENING REQUIRED FOR PUBIC SAFETY
THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD AT THE METHODIST CHURCH ACTIVITIES BUILDING, LOCATED AT CHURCH AND HWY 107, FOR REQUIRED SIX FEET OF SEPERATION BETWEEN PERSONS AS WE SUPPORT SOCIAL DISTANCING FOR HEALTH SAFETY