CITY COUNCIL REGULAR SESSION AGENDA – APRIL 9, 2019 @ 6:00PM
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. DETERMINE A QUORUM IS PRESENT, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, PLEDGE TO THE TEXAS FLAG; PRAYER OVER THE PROCEEDINGS
3. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION: PUBLIC COMMENTS
4. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Review and approval of Minutes from March 12, 2019 Regular Session of the City Council and Executive Session March 21, 2019.
5. ITEMS FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND DISCUSSION- WORK SESSION (Information gathering, Discussions, Reports, Updates, Suggestions regarding future sessions); [no action will be taken by the Council on items presented in this part of the session.]:
a. Report of Public Works Director – Keith Fisher
b. Report of Police Chief – Roger Kennedy
1. Discussion of Officer Performance – W. A. Sterling
c. Report of City Administrator – William A. Sterling
1. Current Financial Condition
2. Administrator’s Report
3. Review of Work Session of 3-21-2019
d. Other Staff Reports
e. Council Remarks or Inquiries
6. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND POTENTIAL ACTION: Resolution Recognizing and Expressing Thanksgiving for Volunteers and Volunteer Groups which help Make Moody a Better Community:
a. Moody Community Library Board and Volunteers
b. Moody Beautification Committee
c. Moody Youth Sports Association
d. Central Texas Animal Rescue
e. Moody Volunteer Fire Department
f. Moody Volunteer First Responders
g. The many unknown volunteers who: Participate in the Moody Spring and Fall Community Cleanups, The Better Day Program this past Fall, persons who place flags on Veterans Graves, Cotton Harvest Festival Workers, and those who reach out to their neighbors to offer a helping hand, a kind word, or just a smile. The City Council of Moody says —THANK YOU!
7. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution authorizing the City Administrator to negotiate extension agreements for water and sewer service along Stampede Road and Ave B.
8. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND DISCUSSION: Resolution establishing new water and sewer tap rates for new customers on our systems.
9. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution acknowledging that the City of Moody intends to be a Funding Member of the Waco-McClennan County Health District at the rate of $2.10 per citizen for the Fiscal Year 2020.
10. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution setting dates for Property Annexation Hearings.
11. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, AND DISCUSSION; = COUNCIL MAY MOVE INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION: pursuant to Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code the City Council may meet in executive session to discuss personnel matters, legal consultation with Attorneys and contract issues.
a. Litigation update
b. Personnel matters regarding Council vacancy
12. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POTENTIAL ACTION; Report of Council from Executive Session and Decisions on Litigation and Personnel.