Minutes of the CALLLED City Council – JULY 30,2020
The City council of Moody, Texas met in CALLED session JULY 30,2020. This meeting was duly announced in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code. The following agenda items were addressed.
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT. Mayor Charleen Dowell called the Session of the Moody City Council to order, determined that a quorum was present with John Carpenter, Karla Alton, Richard Moore, Josh Richter, and Jennifer Houghton was 30 minutes late. Members of the Council Bar also in attendance were Chief of Police Roger Kennedy, Public Works Director Keith Fisher, and Code enforcement officer Hal Pagel. The City Council was called to order and in session at 6:05pm.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & PRAYER. Chief Roger Kennedy led the group assembled in the pledge to the U.S. Flag and to the Texas Flag. Pastor Josh Pruit offered a prayer for the group and proceedings.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS: NO ONE SIGNED UP.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGNENDA ITEMS. NO ONE SIGNED UP.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Approval of the minutes from March 2020 & July 2020 Moody city council minutes. John Carpenter motioned to approve as read with Josh Richter seconding the motion. Approved by all voting members present.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: RESOLUTION authorizing the issuance of $546,000 to the city of moody, texas and moody waterworks and sewer system revenue bonds , series 2020 and ordaining other matters relating to the issuance of the bonds. Motion to approve was made by Josh Richter with John Carpenter seconding the motion. All for none opposed.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Resolution to approve Core & Main to replace water meters on 9/1/2020 providing funds are available and j + l construction to replace water main if funding is available. Karla Alton motioned to approve with Jennifer Houghton seconding the motion. All for none opposed. Passed.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Report from Keith Fisher regarding TCEQ fines. SEE ATTACHED REPORT IN MINUTES BINDER.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Allow the office staff to release the city kitty’s from Monday 8/3 to Friday 8/14/20 in order to rehome them as soon as possible. Richard Moore motioned to approve with Josh Richter seconding the motion, All for , with Karla Alton against. Passed!
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Select one individual for Mclennan county 911 emergency assistance district seat two…. Choices are between William Hvalenka or Jim Devlin. Resumes on both men are attached along with the voting ballot. Karla Alton motioned to approve Jim Devlin with John Carpenter seconding the motion to approve. Three for and two against Jim Devlin wins.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND POSSIBLE: Resolution to adopt a tax rate. John Carpenter motioned to table with Richard Moore seconding the motion. All for none opposed. Tabled for now.
- ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Review of proposed general fund budget and utility fund budget. Assuming this was also tabled nothing was recorded in the minutes. It is scheduled for next regular session 8/11/2020
- EXECUTIVE SESSION: COUNCIL MAY MOVE INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION PUSUANT TO TITLE 5, CHAPTER 551 OF THE TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE THE CITY COUNCIL MAY MEET IN EXECUTIVE SESSION TO DISCUSS PERSONNEL MATTERS, LEGAL CONSULTATION WITH ATTORNEY’S AND CONTRACT ISSUES. CITY COUNCIL OF MOODY MOVED INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION AT 6:55 PM AND ENDED AT 7:40 PM. NO DECISIONS TO ANNOUNCE.
- ADJOURNMENT. = Motion to adjourn was made by Josh Richter with John Carpenter seconding the motion. Approved by all voting members. The City Council adjourned at 7:40 pm.
minutes submitted by Jana Kennedy